Mission accomplished … almost
Bribie Triathlon at Bribie Island, 650 competitors in 2 major events. The Short Course and the Long Course.
Rob and myself we contested in the Long one (750 Meter Swim, 20 K Bike, 5 K Run) and accomplished almost our targets.
Rob’s Targets -> be as good as last year (01:10:22), beet TJ in all three disciplines, finish in the better half (50% of the field), finish in the top ten of his age group (44-49)
TJ’s Targets -> complete course and be in the better half (50% of the field). The extended target was 12 minutes for the swim, 35 minutes for the bike and 23 minutes for the run.
After a great race, we all made it and were eager to see the results. We already knew that Rob was about 2 minutes faster.
Rob’s Results (see the final official results here)
– he wasn’t as good as last year, finished 3 minutes slower
– he beet TJ in the Bike and in the Run. In the Swim he was unexpectedly slower
– he finished in the better half (159 out of 379)
– he finished 8th out of 24 in his Age Group (44-49)
Overall, well done, especially after he couldnt train as much because of an international business trip just prior to the event.
TJ’s Results (see the final official results here)
– I finished the race
– I missed my target in the Swim by over a minutes and was 4 minutes slower in the Bike than planned. How ever I ran 20 seconds faster than enticipated
– By two positions I missed my target to be in the top 50%. So I nished on 51% i guess.
We are now both looking forward to the Noosa Triathlon which will take place in about two weeks time.