2009-12-24 4 2563
How GANTT Charts could be built by using LEGO!
What a great idea I have seen today on the web!
Geof Lory explains in his blog post how he used Lego Blocks to build a GANTT Chart to represent in a different way the interdependencies of his project.[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="461"] GANTT Chart built with Lego[/caption]
Here are the steps he used to get to the result:
- Idea was born
- Quick trip to Legoland
- Spent 100$
- Everybody told to use the tools provided and start building
- Go experimenting
- No limitations (just restrictions set by the tools provided)
Here are the guidelines / rules used to build the GANTT Chart
- Bottom Layer (yellow): Time line, every block is a week and date is written on the block
- Red Layer: Incremental iterations / sprints
- Green Layer: new functionality being added to production (Release)
- Other colours: Activities (Design, Development, Testing etc.) are represented
- People: Different User groups adding to the functionality
What a fantastic way to represent your time line, pieces of work and activities leading to it. And another tool to build a team as everybody is involved to build and maintain it. And beside that, you will build momentum and recognition as you might be the first on using it in your environment.
So go and find a sponsor for the blocks and start building on top of that idea.