2008-10-03 0 997
Tasmania Gov to release new "Outcome Realisation Kit"
Getting known to Kathleen Kuryl from the Tasmanian Government has been a pleasure and very enlightened as she has introduced to us several processes and methodologies applied in her area.
Today I have received notification that a new "Outcome Realisation Kit" has been released on their website.
In there view a Outcome Realisation is used to
support the organisational change management process required for effective utilisation of the agreed project outputs in the business unit(s). It assists in ensuring the achievement of the project outcomes described in the Project Business Plan.
So don't get confused that Outcome Realisation is like Benefit Realisation. In their sense its more about the transition of project deliveries in to day to day operations, how to manage organisational change coming with it as well how this transition is taking place.
So, the purpose is highlighted as follows:
- the final stages of the project are managed in a satisfactory manner;
- the transition to maintenance/operational mode is managed appropriately;
- the utilisation of the project’s outputs are linked to the planned project outcomes;
- the success of the project’s outputs is assessed and corrective action performed if required;
- ongoing ownership of the project outputs and any maintenance requirements are confirmed; and
- the planned project outcomes are wholly achieved, or achieved to a significant extent, prior to formal project closure.
Just look at all the great resources they have released in a very structured way. The kit includes the following
- Resources for outcome realisation
- Example project documentation and a case study
- Presentations from related better practice forums
- Links to other useful websites.