2008-10-17 1 1133
paragliding365.com and DHV Gelaendedatenbank
As some of you might know I am also running www.paragliding365.com which I started about 5 years ago. A paragliding portal for Hanggliders and Paragliders with more than 5.000 site descriptions and more than 1.700 schools and clubs, all in one spot and maintained and kept up to date by the more than 6.000 registered users.
In the forum / bulletin board of the German DHV (Deutscher Haengegleiter Verband, which is similar to the "HGFA - Hang Gliding Federation of Australia"), a discussion started about the pro's and con's of paragliding365.com vs. the Federation's own Site database and whether its worthwhile that the two could get into a partnerschip and why this hasnt been discussed earlier.
My response (a very long one because I havent been very active in the last 2 years contributing to that bulletin board) could be seen here (Of course you need to speak German to get the message).
- The portal is from a pilot for the pilots and is successful just because of the pilots
- Marketing hasnt been done actively over the last 2 years as we know live in Australia and the market has to be worked on with personal relationships
- Major new developments havent taken place over the last 2 years (almost) due to fact number 2
- A partnership with DHV was discussed but knocked by the DHV commission because of cost reasons
- The portal will be further developed and will further serve the needs of the pilots
- And beside that, I love what I am doing in that regard as it is very rewardning.
If you are a paraglider, you should have a look.