2008-09-10 0 968
Anything new in Appleland?
Anybody watched the keynote from Mr. Steve 'I am the best presenter in the world' Jobs last night, announced as a special event with the them "let's rock"? As we know Apple already from the last couple of years after the iPod success, September is the time to present a new line up for the iPod family that is currently based around 4 types of iPods and their variations plus the iTunes Application. So what have we heard from Steve's in his presentation (that i will have another "Learn from others" post about shortly):
- New iPod Nano with "real" shuffle capabilities where you need to shake the iPod to get a new order in 9 colour themes and more an upright look with positioning sensor (like iPod Touch and iPhone)
- Updated iTunes with a little lipstik and a Genius functionality (creates Playlists based on your Library and listening habits)
- Big iPod Classic 160GB is completly going away where i beted on an even bigger version, but there is now only one iPod Classic with 120 GB (the flat version)
- iPod Touch got a slimmer appearanc, a microphone and a loudspeaker to get something in front of your peers in the subway or bus
- Software update 2.1 has been announced without greater detail (longer battery life and more stability) which is available for iPhone and iPod touch ($9.95 for non 2.0 upgrader) on Friday this week.
- Prices have been reduced a little and by far not as much to compensate the "cheaper" iPhone
That was it. Probably again a very interesting presentation from the "How to do a great presentation" but not from its content. The Rumours have expected far more out there and usually Apple is always good for a surprise, but this time no sensation and nothing ecouraging to spend more money on gadgets than already.
What Do you think, whats coming up next and how do you perceive the new Nano?